KODI 17 (Krypton) the long awaited release is here – It went live February 1st 2017 – Updates to Google Play have been pushed & now you will find that many boxes & setups will auto update especially boxes with the PlayStore (if you installed through it)
As Kodi user’s we recommend using a VPN. This will help unlock geo-blocked content, unblock sources like sports devil & Primewire/Icemovies/Exodus/Salts and keep you anonymous online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish using the checkout code “KODIUKTV”
What does this mean for our boxes?
Well builders have been having a nightmare with KODI 17 since it went to RC & they started to prepare for it. Many of the Kodi Skins we love do not work or will update when you install KODI 17 leaving your builds & skin setups wiped. Add-ons will still be there but many of you will see all your Menu’s / Widgets / Submenus blanked when Kodi updates as the skin may well be incompatible or may need to updated depending on the dev of the skin & if they have updated it. Having said that, Many skins like Silvo Nox so on WILL work perfectly, But if they update & your builder hasn’t blocked updates on the skin this will still see your setup wiped. All depends on the build & skin to be honest.
This is something you all need to think about. Check with your builder to see if your build is compatible with KODI 17 & If its not we would say DONT update until you know it will (Maybe test on another device like a mobile to know for sure) Or prepare to make your own build.
Official KODIUKTV Builds:
All our official builds are compatible with KODI 16 & Kodi 17 – They were both updated at the start of January by Matt & Jono to prepare for this so if your Running Nemesis or Bucks Build then don’t worry about upgrading! You are safe! Were also working on a Nemesis Lite in light of some skin issues that KODI 17 has given us this means we can get a Lite version to you guys for Nemesis if your having trouble & then work on the main release of 2.1 to fix the slow exiting of add-ons so on. (Many skins are having this issue with 17) They did call it Krypton after all…
So what do you need to know?
Before you update, Check to see if your build is compatible, Check to see if your box is compatible & Test first to avoid disaster. Time to get your hands dirty!
If you want to download Kodi 17 Kypton, click here. Read about all of the new changes in Kodi 17 Krypton below!
Kodi 17 Krypton Changelog & Details:
- Brand new default skins! Gone is Confluence and in is Estuary and Estouchy (optimized for tablets).
- Changes to Settings & the way the menus work.
- Improvements to DVDPlayer, which allow for playback of DVD discs/files.
- Updates to videorendering and openGL drivers.
- Complete rewrite of audio/video syncing (less offset audio).
- Improved playback of live streams. Internal buffers no longer fill up!
- Input stream add-ons – Add-ons can now be written to support multiple stream qualities or camera angles and you can select this on the fly in Kodi. For example, a stream might be offered in 540p, 720p, or 1080p and you can now switch on-the-fly in Kodi.
- Kodi PVR settings improved.
- Full HD audio passthrough support in Android.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop minimum. This means Android 4.4, which is now 2.5 years old, is not supported by Kodi. This should give you a good baseline for which Kodi boxes to avoid buying online.
- Custom AMLogic Kodi code has been turned off, which is one of the reasons that Android 4.4 firmware is no longer supported.
- If installing third-party add-ons, you have to acknowledge that the add-on is not supported by the Kodi foundation.
- You can now view which add-ons have been installed or updated.
- Settings section has now been made more clear.
- Music library improvements – tag reading and scraping, improved artists handling.
- Tons of other improvements.
New KODI Default Skin: Gone is Confluence & We see a new basic setup:
Remember if you see someone struggling on our community groups whether that’s on our Facebook Group our Community App (Playstore) then help them, Don’t belittle we all started somewhere & helping each other is exactly what KODIUKTV is about. As we hit 50k Members in our group now we are the biggest KODI Community group there is on Facebook & our external communities are growing daily. This makes is crazy proud of how far we have come together! Thank you all for being part of this special community.
Join our beta community external to Facebook guys check it out! Would appretiate the feedback
Http://community.kodiuk.tv on any device ??
Or Android users can download the app from PlayStore just search KODIUKTV
Take the community into our hands in light of recent closures by Facebook & help us create something special!